This review is on Mum & Me Bump Stretch Mark Cream manufactured by the Cussons Company. They are a UK based company offering a full line of products to help you from pregnancy to birth and beyond. The Mum & Me product is marketed as a preventative treatment for stretch marks and they offer a different product for existing stretch marks. They claim its ingredients aid in preparing your skin for the changes it will undergo during pregnancy therefore preventing them all together. Continue reading to find out if this is the stretch mark prevention product that can help you.
- Aqua- simply water used for a base
- Petrolatum – petroleum jelly known for its healing properties
- Cetearyl Alcohol – a mixture of fatty alcohols used as an emulsion stabilizer
- Glyceryl Stearate – organic emulsifier
- Glycerin – skin moisturizer
- Dimethicone – silicon-based organic polymer used as a soothing skin protectant
- Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Oil – also known as Sweet Almond oil it is gentle natural oil easily absorbed by the skin. Soothes dry irritated skin with essential fatty acids
- Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate – adds to spread ability of the product. Mimics biological fats in your skin
- Phenoxyethanol – chemical preservative
- Benzyl Alcohol – synthetic chemical preservative
- Calophyllum Inophyllum Seed Oil – natural UV absorbing antioxidant used as a skin conditioner
- Behentrimonium Methosulfate – quaternary ammonium compound used to create a slippery texture in the product
- Hydroxyethylcellulose – cellulose based thickening agent
- Parfum – artificial fragrance oils
- Panthenol – moisturizing pro-vitamin of B5
- Sodium Gluconate – skin conditioner
- Isopropyl Myristate – synthetic oil emollient
- Tocopheryl Acetate – commonly known as vitamin E, used to extend shelf life also
- Allantoin – skin irritant soothing agent
- Tocopherol – fat soluble vitamin E compound with anti -oxidant properties
- Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil – also known as Sunflower seed oil, it is used as an emollient and contains omega-6 and omega-9
- Lupinus Albus Seed Extract – commonly referred to as Lupin it is a natural skin conditioning agent
The Cussons website does not provide an application recommendation, though we assume it would include directions on the packaging
Possible Side Effects
The Cussons Company website does not make available any adverse side effects. Yet as with any cosmetic product, sensitive skin sufferers may encounter allergic reaction. If this occurs, discontinue use and contact your physician immediately
The Cussons company website is an informational site, does not offer the product for sale directly, and does not mention a retail price. As an alternative, they guide you to a list of a few of their drug store distributors, which do not seem to be common local stores available in every community. However, we were able to find Mum & Me Stretch Mark Cream easily on amazon.com listed by two distributors. Both distributors listed completely different prices, one for $45.95 and the other for $64.52 for a 125ml tub, and both offered free shipping. Compared to other similar treatments its large size justifies its hefty price.
There is no advertised guarantee on the Cussons site, so any refund due to dissatisfaction with the product would depend entirely on the return policy of the store you purchase it from. This could lead one to question the quality and effectiveness of the product; nonetheless, their site did include a large number of rave reviews by satisfied users.
Mum & Me Stretch Mark Cream by the Cussons Company is not your run of the mill, easily obtained product yet is still highly praised by users for delivering results. Though it is comprised of mostly synthetic ingredients, the few natural ingredients it contains are great ones and appear to be extremely effective. Its large size and consumer recommendations could certainly make it easy easy for you to overlook its steep price, troubles with accessibility and lack of a company-backed guarantee.
Click here to learn about our top stretch mark treatment products.
|StretchOff||Mama Mio Goodbye Stretch Marks||Apothederm Stretch Mark Cream||Avishi Organics Intensive Stretch Marks Oil||Healing Natural Oils H-Stretch Marks Formula|
|Price (1 bottle)
Price (6 bottles)best value
|Speed of Results||Extremely Fast||Good||Average||Slow||Slow|
|Quality of Ingredients||Premium||Good||Average||Average||Unknown|
|Customer Satisfaction Evaluation||99.00%||80%||70.60%||68%||65%|
|Safety Evaluation||Safe for Use||Safe for Use||Safe for Use||Safe for Use||Safe for Use|
|Customer Service Rating|
|Return Policy||Risk Free||No||Risk Free||No||Risk Free|